Re: strict auto-inc

Hi!

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Stewart Smith
<stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally, I think our current behaviour is good - it "just works".
>
> What are the thoughts of others?

I'm not sure what drizzle's current behaviour is.

I like the MySQL behaviour of the first few tests where using the
strict mode disallows out of range values that would follow if the
value generator respects auto_increment_increment and auto_increment
offset and calculates an out of range value. I dislike the behaviour
where the out of range value results in the ' nearest'  value (i.e.
the 127 result)

regards,

Roland