Re: Want to be a full-time Drizzle contributor?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Adrian Otto <aotto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I was speaking with Eric Day at the developer conference, and I mentioned
> that Rackspace is wiling to employ full time developers for the specific
> purpose of furthering the Drizzle project's mission. He suggested that I
> email you on this list becuase he expected there would be interest in this
> offer. If you work on the project now part time, and want to make it a full
> time job working exclusively on the Drizzle project, let me know. The
> Rackspcae Cloud believes in open source, and we want to do our part to make
> Drizzle a wild success.

Wow, this is awesome. It is cool to see a commercial venture fund
full-time resources for an open source project (other than Sun has
been) for the greater good™ especially since most web companies are
getting benefits from the products. It's probably very hard in today's
economic environment though to justify headcount unless upper
management understands the impact (and I suppose the PR it can
generate :))

Big ups to Rackspace and Mosso!