Re: Pythian Group: Presentation: Drizzle is not MySQL with Changes by Brian Aker

On Nov 25, 2009, at 7:59 PM, Morgan Tocker wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Tim Soderstrom
> <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I gotta ask because this is irritated the bejesus out of me: Who the hell was the jerk that wouldn't STFU while Brian Aker was talking and why did no one do anything about it? I'm actually having a hard time concentrating on Aker's words and all of what Aker says is well worth listening to.
>
> It could have been a speaker in another room.  The venue had one of
> those open space concepts (which was great!), but I can see how this
> makes recording more challenging.

Aha well that makes a good bit of sense. Towards the end of the video it ended up being a bit better. Beggars can't be choosers, but if I could make a request to using a lapel mic I think it would be a non-issue. Really, though, the talk was well worth it, despite the minor irritation with the audio. Really exciting work!

Tim