Re: Pythian Group: Presentation: Drizzle is not MySQL with Changes by Brian Aker

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Tim Soderstrom
<tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2009, at 7:59 PM, Morgan Tocker wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Tim Soderstrom
>> <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I gotta ask because this is irritated the bejesus out of me: Who the hell was the jerk that wouldn't STFU while Brian Aker was talking and why did no one do anything about it? I'm actually having a hard time concentrating on Aker's words and all of what Aker says is well worth listening to.
>>
>> It could have been a speaker in another room.  The venue had one of
>> those open space concepts (which was great!), but I can see how this
>> makes recording more challenging.
>>

> Aha well that makes a good bit of sense. Towards the end of the video it ended up being a bit better. Beggars can't be choosers, but if I could make a request to using a lapel mic I think it would be a non-issue. Really, though, the talk was well worth it, despite the minor irritation with the audio. Really exciting work!

Unfortunately lapel mics are not possible, particularly with the
camera that was used.  Damn Sony and their proprietary
attachments....there's only one place to put a mic of any kind, and
the mic was in "directional" mode at the time.  :(

The perils of partitioning the "open" space have been duly noted and
we'll consider that in future OpenSQLCamp locations.

--
- Sheeri K. Cabral

http://tinyurl.com/mysqlbook will take you to the Amazon.com page for
my book, "MySQL Administrator's Bible".