Re: RENAME TABLE

Hi!

On Nov 25, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Darius Jahandarie wrote:

> The nice thing about RENAME TABLE is that it is atomic, while ALTER
> TABLE is not. Ideally, I think it would be best to make ALTER TABLE
> fully ACID-compliant rather than an implicit commit.

If during a RENAME TABLE you lost power... odds are you would be losing a bit of data. It is not atomic at all as far as recovery goes.

The Innodb internals allow you to do a rename/create/drop in an atomic manner, though only one thread at a time. I am thinking that it would be better to just enable that and skip some of the pre-DDL types that we have right now.

Hopefully we can get this exposed in the next month or so.

Cheers,
	-Brian