Re: Improving the Engine API (was Re: New PBXT Drizzle-specific storage engine...)

Paul,

StorageEngine::commit(session, bool all)
StorageEngine::rollback(session, bool all)

I suggest we change this to the following:

StorageEngine::beginTransaction(session)
StorageEngine::commitTransaction(session)
StorageEngine::rollbackTransaction(session)
StorageEngine::startStatement(session)
StorageEngine::endStatement(session, abort = true/false)

You'll also want

StorageEngine::prepareTransaction(session)
StorageEngine::recover(session, XID *xids, unit length)
StorageEngine::commit_by_xid(session, XID* xid)
StorageEngine::rollback_by_xid(session, XID* xid)

where an XID is a transaction identifier of a type to be
defined.  Or reused.

Cheers,

Ann