Re: File Deletion issues for Storage Engines

Hi Paul, Jobin,

Awesome! We should discuss how StorageEngine::doDropDatabase() should
be done. I think there are several approaches so lemmie jot down my
thoughts...

(1) doDropDatabase() will provide a reference to a vector that
contains table names (full path) as a parameter. The storage engine
would then use each string to remove the file(s).

(2) Engine calls StorageEngine::doGetTableNames() inside
doDropDatabase() and deletes files based on that information. This
means we need easy access to CachedDirectory.

(3) Engine maintains/housekeeps paths to files that it had generated.
doDropDatabase() will provide a path to the directory.

Personally, I'm towards (1) since this would make the implementation
easy and short :)

Toru

--
Toru Maesaka <dev@xxxxxxxxx>