Re: secondary chat location

Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Monty
>
> On 17/12/2009, at 9:45 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>> Freenode has been getting DDoS'd the past couple of days, and it's sort
>> of, well, ass.
>>
>> So I added a drizzle chat room to my Jabber server -
>> drizzle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> It's federated, so you should be able to connect using any Jabber
>> account, including google/gtalk.
>

> Having tested Jabber chatrooms, I've found them to be fairly unreliable
> - unless this has changed in recent months?

Well... I'm not sure about that - this one is running inside of an
eJabberd, which at least gives us the benefit of the erlang special
sauce. :)

> How about a Wave?
> Many of us have it, and for those who don't yet we have plenty of
> invites to go around.
> This will also allow better threading of discussions, ability for those
> coming in to review what's been said before, and so on.
> I'm using Wave for a couple of other projects (both personal and
> initiated by others) and it's doing well so far - the web UI is semi
> sucky, but it works.

I'm quite fine with playing on Wave, but as a location for my daily
office it's UI is pretty ass. (and I believe it wants to accomplish a
different task than "chat room")

So far, I'm pretty pleased with the eJabberd MOC... but we'll see how
that goes.

Monty

PS. (for those who are counting, I've also made rooms for drizzle-build
and gearman - although I have not yet set up hudson messages into
drizzle-build)