Re: secondary chat location

We've been using jabber chatrooms and I have been underwhelmed with them ....

Arjen Lentz wrote:
Hi Monty

On 17/12/2009, at 9:45 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
Freenode has been getting DDoS'd the past couple of days, and it's sort
of, well, ass.

So I added a drizzle chat room to my Jabber server -
drizzle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's federated, so you should be able to connect using any Jabber
account, including google/gtalk.

Having tested Jabber chatrooms, I've found them to be fairly unreliable - unless this has changed in recent months?

How about a Wave?
Many of us have it, and for those who don't yet we have plenty of invites to go around. This will also allow better threading of discussions, ability for those coming in to review what's been said before, and so on. I'm using Wave for a couple of other projects (both personal and initiated by others) and it's doing well so far - the web UI is semi sucky, but it works.

Cheers,
Arjen.