Re: Improvements to Storage Engine API

On Jan 4, 2010, at 3:54 AM, Stewart Smith wrote:

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:19:13PM +0100, Paul McCullagh wrote:
It is all or nothing, but this done _not_ exclude "partial"
solutions such as condition push-down and sub-select execution.

Would this better be served by stackable parsers? An engine could just
attach a parser and do all the work itself.. as otherwise you're
parsing things twice, so it'll never perform well.

Yes, performance is something I have also been thinking about.

In general, while it would be great to have a GPB representation of DML, I am wondering about the performance cost of building this in addition to everything else (AST, query plan, etc).

In the case of DDL, this is already required for replication, so this is no additional cost.

But, since Drizzle uses RBR a GPB representation of DML is not required.

--
Paul McCullagh
PrimeBase Technologies