Re: python client library

Seth,

This discussion prompted me to attempt a build of drizzle-interface as well. I found that I ran into errors building the python interface as well. The good news is that I believe I have found the cause of these errors. It appears that libdrizzle went though an API change around revno 120, breaking the SWIG interface files in drizzle-interface.

I have made changes to the SWIG interface files that accommodate these libdrizzle API changes. I did this late last night so little testing has been done (very close to no testing). These changes have been pushed to lp:~cboylan/drizzle-interface/dev. I plan on working with chromakode and mtaylor to test and merge in these changes.

In short: Yes, there are build errors, I believe I have identified the problems, possible fix at lp:~cboylan/drizzle-interface/dev, but testing needs to be done, etc.

Clark Boylan
cboylan@xxxxxxxxxx

Seth Washeck wrote:
Monty, Thanks for the guidance. With both methods I get errors.

The easy_install method threw ~60 errors and the source pull does well until I do the python setup.py install which throws a few errors too. Being new to this I don't know what's the best route to take; should I attach a text file or copy and paste the errors into the body of the email?