Re: GSoC Cloud Based Storage Engine

Thank you, Jobin.

Jay and Stewart's blogs did help a lot. Now I have a working drizzle running in gdb. I am trying to find some small and easy bugs to fix as a start, any suggestion which one is good for me?

About the Cloud Based Storage Engine, here is my understanding and questions, can anybody offer me some suggestion and correction... thanks a lot.

Looking at mysql-awss3, I think the task is same here - implement a cursor (in mysql language it's handler). But I think mysql-awss3 is not a fully working plugin, am I right? It seems only the first non-primary-key field is written. So here is my first question, according to the project description on wiki, "write a Storage Engine (or adapt awss3) for Drizzle - allowing storing and retrieving of blobs from Cloud Storage services such as S3 and Rackspace Files", so only blobs are written to the cloud? If so, what to do with other fields?

Thanks,
Yanbo