Re: GSoC - Add a Proper Unit Testing Framework to Drizzle

Monty Taylor wrote:
On 04/05/2010 07:55 AM, Paweł Blokus wrote:
What is more, I was thinking about using gmock as the mocking
framework.
I would highly recommend against this - adding java dependencies to the build is too much. (Unless I'm looking at the wrong gmock) Do we have needs in the unittest system at the moment for a mocking framework? (I'm not saying we don't - I'm just wondering if you've identified anything specifically)

I assume he means Google Mock:
http://code.google.com/p/googlemock/

It's pure C++, and I've used it before and been pretty happy with it. My experience is it's really hard to do proper unit testing without some sort of mock framework, since otherwise you end up testing too big of a unit at once.

Tim