Re: tables must have a primary key

Hi Stu

On 07/04/2010, at 10:35 AM, Stewart Smith wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:34:15 -0700, Brian Aker <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe we still have the hidden primary key code around from bdb.

not that I can see.

At least for NDB it was entirely implemented in the engine.

I'm mostly hoping the InnoDB guys solve this for me though :)

From observation, the appear to be other consequences to not specifying a primary key for InnoDB, in terms of locking behaviour and such.
So the implicit rowid/pk thing is, apparently, not quite equivalent.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org