BLOB streaming is looking for a home in drizzle

Hi,

I am once again porting the PBMD daemon to drizzle. I have done this several
times only to have it die because there was never an acceptable way of
plugging it in.

So this time I would like to do it the other way round and get a plug-in
interface into drizzle that I can use for PBMS before trying to get PBMS
into it itself.

If there was a trigger plug-in type then the PBMS daemon would just be a
type of trigger plug-in. So the first question would be if anybody is
working on a trigger plug-in? A full trigger plug-in would be much more than
PBMS would need so if one doesn't exist then it would be best to create a
base plug-in class that would work for PBMS and then be used as the base
class for a trigger plug-in. If there is something out there that would
fulfill this task then let me know.

The minimum requirements for the plug-in class that I need would be one that
provides  "pre" and " post" actions for "insert", "update", and "delete"
commands as well as "drop table" and "rename table" commands. The plug-in
would need to allow for data modification to be performed in the 'pre'
actions for "insert" and "update" commands.

I would be willing to take on this task if nobody else is working on a
similar plug-in

Barry

Barry Leslie

SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH
Senior Software Engineer

Tel: (001) 250 884 1820
Fax: (001) 250 595 4460
Email: Barry.Leslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.PrimeBase.com

SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH, D-22765 Hamburg,
Max-Brauer-Allee 50, Germany
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 61066, Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Zimmer, Paul
McCullagh