Re: Getting started exploring the code

Sanders, Hi!

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Sanders King <sanders@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I have started going through Jay's 'drizzle-code-walk-through' which
> suggests starting at '/drizzled/sql_connect.cc'.  This doesn't appear

Yeah, it disappeared quite a long time ago.
Yet, you may utilize the bzr log command to get a knowledge about when
this file is removed.
bzr log -v | grep -10 sql_connect.cc | less

> to exist anymore. (??)  Does anybody know what this might be called
> now, or maybe suggest a place to start in the code.  I am a long time

There is not a function called handle_one_connection any more (which
was left over from the mysql code). Please check out
/drizzled/session.cc to see how a new connection is handled (see
Session::schedule() ):
By calling Scheduler::addSession, an instance of Session is handed
over to the Scheduler. Scheduler is responsible for scheduling
sessions to communicate when I/O is available. Please check out the
scheduler plugins for details on how sessions are scheduled.

If you wanna know about the execution path of a sql statement, please
go to Session::run(). That's a good start. :)