Re: BLOB streaming is looking for a home in drizzle

Hi!

On Apr 19, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Barry Leslie wrote:

1) The first plugin point is one that just notifies me when a table was dropped or renamed, or when a records is deleted. These notification events

You would want to do this in plugin::StorageEngine on dropTable().

Currently anything that is an engine can "hear it". Adding a plugin point into that is fine.

2) The second plugin point is one some where after the 'Insert' or 'Update' statement has been processed but before the storage engine gets called. The

So you need a before trigger on insert? Why not use what the replication system has at that point?

Cheers,
	-Brian

plugin call must allow for the possible modification of the data being
passed to the storage engine. I do not see any plugin that offers something
like this.

The ideal solution would be to just use existing plugin APIs or expand an already existing API but I do not see how this could be done. I do not see
anyway of doing this with out introducing a new plugin type such as a
'data-filter' plugin that would would have 'pre' and 'post' calls and be
called from within the relevant cursor methods: drop_table(),
ha_write_row(), ha_update_row(), and ha_delete_row(). The only thing that
would be missing would be the rename table which would go into the
mysql_rename_table() function.

I am willing to take on this project if it is agreed that this is what is
needed.

Barry

Cheers!

jay