GSoC Report 4

Hi,

Since the last report I've written tests for the following files:

authorization.cc
error_message.cc
listen.cc
logging.cc
query_cache.cc
query_rewrite.cc
transactional_storage_engine.cc

I have also looked through the remaining plugin interfaces and marked
those with have no logic to test.

I also decided that listen_tcp.cc is inappropriate for testing because
its methods involve long waiting (if you see some obvious ways of
overcoming that please tell me).

This means that there are only four files remaining in
/drizzled/plugin. I will start with xa_resource_manager.cc because it
is the easiest one. The biggest challange will be the StorageEngine
class, because of it's enormous size.

I have already tried to make some tests for TableFunction but I got
stuck at understanding how the 'proto' parameter works. Could someone
please point me where and when the changes applied to it get outside
the TableFunction class instance (and ideally explain the purpose of
the TableFunction class :) )? I have no idea where to check whether
they got applied appropriately.

Regards,
Paul B.