Re: SHOW CREATE and AUTO_INCREMENT

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:39:36 -0700, Brian Aker <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My personal thought is that we should not have AUTO_INCREMENT in the
> table definition.

Do you mean remove the functionality to set initial, offset etc? Or do
you mean have a sep way to do this?

I feel that the initial settings are a bit at least related to the
table definition (as in you specify it in CREATE TABLE).

I'm much of the idea that everything in CREATE TABLE goes into the table
definition somehow and that SHOW CREATE TABLE should give you back
something fairly close to your initial CREATE TABLE statement.

--
Stewart Smith