Re: how to add field column in storage engine?

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Stewart Smith <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:36:44 +0800, Zimin <ziminq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm considering whether it's possible to add a field column in storage
> > engine?
> > If yes, which function should I invoke? Or hack into protobuf?
>
> as in one that the user didn't specify in CREATE TABLE?
>
> You'd add it to the proto, but I'd also have to ask "why?"
>
> --
> Stewart Smith

Hi Stewart,

This requirement does seem a little odd.
This scenario comes from my file system storage engine when I try to read
files as /proc/meminfo,
I would like it to be transposed, so that MemTotal, MemFree and other would
become columns, then user can
just use the statement as 'select MemTotal from t1'.
Otherwise, there will be only two columns for this file.

What do you think, Stewart?

--Zimin