Drizzle for application developers?

In Monty's presentation on Drizzle at the Velocity conference, he mentions
that "drizzle today" is for infrastructure providers and "drizzle tomorrow"
is for developers. I just want to get a sense of what this essentially boils
down to. We are SaaS application developers and we are keen to use drizzle
as our db back-end (even if drizzle is still in beta). Does Monty's comment
just mean that it would require a bit more effort/tweaking to set up on a
server than say mySQL, but that it is still viable to use. Or does it mean
we should rather wait another year or so before really seriously considering
drizzle as db.

Thanks for all the hard work and very interesting discussions here. It is
much appreciated!

Regards
Willem

Follow ups