Re: Drizzle on MS windows

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 09:59:21 -0500, Monty Taylor <mordred@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you rewrite something like the my_socket abstraction that I did for
> > NDB win32 port, socket code should be pretty easy.
>
> I would strongly prefer it if we would not have any wrappers such as
> this. (although I understand that in the case of NDB and MySQL it was
> required)

so the pain point was that you can kinda do this... except for closing
sockets. close() will cause a *runtime* error popping up to the end
user.

it is ass.

maybe there's some way to get something that isn't completely
stupid.. but at least historically (NDB porting time), there wasn't.

> Essentially, any time we have the urge to write a my_ anything, we
> should not.

Step 1: Kill Windows
Step 2: live happy life.

--