Re: Drizzle on MS windows

On 07/29/2010 12:22 PM, Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:02:55 +0530, Jobin Augustine <jobinau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> pushed the code changes to bzr ( lp:~jobinau/libdrizzle/mingwport )
>> Requesting your reivew.
>
> (one way to do this is via a merge request on launchpad).

I'm just about to do that. I merged him in to me and then did build fixes.

> Anyway, some thoughts:
>
> I wonder if the #define WINVER and _WIN32_WINNT defines should be in
> common.h, or somehow coming out of configure into config.h?
> They should, however, be behind a #ifdef WIN32

Yup. Did that.

> around connect() in conn.c, the indenting seems a bit off with the rest
> of the code.

Yup. Fixed.

> We can use send() and recv() on Unix too. I cannot think of any current
> reason not to do that and save some #ifdefs
>
> in drizzle.c, the WSAStartup call should be only once per process,
> correct? This isn't guaranteed by drizzle_create()... perhaps we need a
> library init function (can't remember how to do this with DLLs on Win32)
> or some kind of condition around it.

I did not do anything with restructuring in this way. I'd put a flag
around it ( like if (wsa_initted) ) though rather than a library init
function ... if we can avoid requiring library users needing to call
"drizzle_lib_init" I'd really like to.

Submitting merge req in just a sec...

Monty