Re: about replacing loadfile with filesystem storage engine

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:39:42 +0800, ZQ <ziminq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You once mentioned one thing I can do is to replace load file with this my
> file system storage engine,
> do you mean I should abstract some general code from my storage engine and
> plug it into load file code path?
> I would like to know what's the potential problem with the original load
> file functionality?

Hi!

Basically, I don't think we need two blocks of code doing relatively
similar things.

I think we can replace the LOAD DATA INFILE with some code that does the
following:

- create temporary table using filesystem_engine
- open target table
- open temporary table
- read row from temporary table
- write row to target table