Re: [drizzle-discuss] Query Cache syntax

On 8/5/10 1:07 PM, Tim Soderstrom wrote:
I"ever never been a fan of the */!... */ syntax. A general query
modifier is fine there.

We were talking on IRC and one other ideas was to make it behave sort
of like how you would use transactions:

ENABLE CACHE; SELECT ... DISABLE CACHE; SELECT ...

This would be nice because you could do this at the application level
where the application has centralized database handling code. Its how we
handle turning on strict mode now. Just do it when the connection is
made. More often than not in a read heavy environments I want this on
for all queries.

--

Brian.
--------