Re: [drizzle-discuss] Query Cache syntax

On Aug 5, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Brian Moon wrote:

> On 8/5/10 2:13 PM, Tim Soderstrom wrote:
>> Well, that's my point about per-session. You can just enable the
>> cache as part of your connection setup sequence and call it done.
>
> I think that is not very DBA friendly. A DBA may not have access to the code and even if they could, getting changes pushed through in code in some places can be a nightmare.
>
> I think the the option to have it default ON with the ENABLE/DISABLE commands gives everyone the most power.

It's DBA friendly as long as we can track it. Monty mentioned (on IRC) that the slow query log could encompass session information. So figuring out when people are caching would still be feasible. Otherwise, I do agree that this would potentially be more painful for a DBA to troubleshoot without that feedback.