Re: Drizzle on MS windows

Happy to share you that Drizzle client (command line) is ported to windows.
and looks perfect for my tests.

C:\TEMP\drizzle-2010.07.1666\client>drizzle.exe -h 10.97.93.243
Welcome to the Drizzle client..  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your Drizzle connection id is 51
Server version: 2010.07.1666 Source distribution (trunk)

drizzle> use information_schema

Database changed
drizzle> show tables;
+------------------------------+
| Tables_in_information_schema |
+------------------------------+
| CHECK_CONSTRAINTS            |
| COLUMNS                      |
| COLUMN_DOMAIN_USAGE          |
| COLUMN_PRIVILEGES            |
| CONSTRAINT_COLUMN_USAGE      |
| CONSTRAINT_TABLE_USAGE       |
| DOMAINS                      |
| DOMAIN_CONSTRAINTS           |
| KEY_COLUMN_USAGE             |
| PARAMETERS                   |
| REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS      |
| ROUTINES                     |
| ROUTINE_COLUMNS              |
| SCHEMATA                     |
| TABLES                       |
| TABLE_CONSTRAINTS            |
| TABLE_PRIVILEGES             |
| VIEWS                        |
| VIEW_COLUMN_USAGE            |
| VIEW_TABLE_USAGE             |
+------------------------------+
20 rows in set (0.016 sec)

drizzle>

Coming to the point for discussion.
we need to start thinking distributing the windows binaries.
Because building it under windows is  not that
smooth<http://drizzlenotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/drizzle-on-windows-challenges-ahead.html>
(i don't think everybody will have time to waste for that)

Do we have a location already for keeping the binary?
I was thinking of sourceforge or codeplex (lets polute MS with more GPL...
he he he)

Thank you,
Jobin.