Re: Updating replication docs

Hi Daniel,

On Feb 5, 2012, at 1:19 PM, Daniel Nichter wrote:

> Just FYI to everyone: I'm in the process of updating the replication documentation which is currently wrong due to https://code.launchpad.net/~fallenpegasus/drizzle/multimaster/+merge/67103.  This means that the examples in the docu don't work, nor do the example given by http://dshrewsbury.blogspot.com/2011/03/simple-drizzle-replication-example.html and http://www.learningdrizzle.com/?p=97 because the slave plugin is multi-master which requires [masterN] headers in slave.cfg.  I was puzzled why slave wasn't working this morning, stopping Drizzle from starting with this cryptic error message: "what():  unknown option master-host", extremely cryptic because "master-host" is correct.  I had to look at the config filed used by slave tests to see that "[master1]" is now required.
>
> Also, talking with Monty this morning I realized more clearly the relationship between http://docs.drizzle.org/plugins/slave/index.html and http://docs.drizzle.org/replication/drizzle.html which, as two separate entities, is probably confusing to users (it's been confusing to me).  Therefore, I'm going to rewrite docs/replication/*.

Thanks for taking on this task. My development skills far outweigh
my documentation/communication skills, so your work here is much
appreciated. And my time available to work on such stuff has seemed
to disappear into the ether...

Feel free to direct any questions you may have directly to me and
I'll try my best to answer them.

-Dave