Using dulwich for merges and conflict detection

Hi,

I am evaluating dulwich for a project I have, I just need to handle a local
repo where people do commits.

I want to be able to check if different branches merge cleanly and to
actually do the merge. I know the software works basically at the data model
level and i've been able to extract the commits between the different refs I
need, I just can't find a way of start applying all those commits into the
base one and see if they succeed or not.

I've been looking at the exporter/importer for this but haven't been able to
find a way as things like emit_commit do not actually commit anything and I
am unable to find how to do it with the text stream that comes out of the
exporter.

The intended app is a kind of release_manager, where I can check all the
candidate branches against the production one separately and then
altogether.

Am I going too far away from dulwich features? Any hint?

--
Arkaitz

Follow ups