Re: HTTP git protocol support

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 05:12:33PM -0500, Augie Fackler wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > Basic support for the git http protocol has landed in Dulwich trunk.

> > Both git-receive-pack and git-upload-pack should work. The Dulwich testsuite runs some basic tests using the C git client against the Python server implementation. Please test, and let me know about any issues.

> As far as I can tell, you're talking about 554f298808de here, but isn't that the client side? I know the server side is done, since we use it. Do the tests for the client side test against the server?
Yes - sorry, I somehow seem to have missed that important point in my
original email. The http smart protocol *client* has landed now, the
server landed quite some time ago.

The tests for the Dulwich client side run it against the C git server only
at the moment. Ideally we should also test the Dulwich server and
client implementations against each other, but that has not been hooked
up yet.

Cheers,

Jelmer