Dulwich on Python 2.4

At the moment, Dulwich is still compatible with Python 2.4.

This makes it necessary to keep backports of several parts of
the standard library around (living in dulwich._compat),
and means we have to avoid certain parts of the language.

Being able to depend on at least Python 2.6 would make our lives
a little bit easier and would possibly make it feasible to support
Python 2 and Python 3 using the same codebase (either that, or it
would massively reduce the delta between the two codebases).

I'm not planning on removing Python2.4 compatibility tomorrow, but I
would like to get an idea of how important Python 2.4 and Python 3 are
to Dulwich users.

Do people care about Python 2.4, 2.5 and 3.x ?

Cheers,

Jelmer

Follow ups