Re: Having git invoke dul-receive-pack on push

Hi Jon,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 02:08:25PM -0700, Jon Chu wrote:
> I'm trying to modify dul-receive-pack so I can create what is
> essentially an asynchronous pre-receive hook gerrit style with magic
> branches. I'm wondering how to set things up so that whenever I do a
> git push, it invokes dul-receive-pack rather than git-receive-pack.

> I also need to do this for testing dul-receive-pack.

The answer for this depends a bit on what transport you're using for
git push.

Unfortunately git push just runs the 'git-receive-pack' command, so
the easiest thing to do would be to somehow make sure that running
'git-receive-pack' will call out to 'dul-receive-pack'.

What I've commonly done for bzr-git is create a directory somewhere
(perhaps /usr/share/dulwich/scripts) which has symlinks for
dul-receive-pack and dul-send-pack:

/usr/share/dulwich/scripts/git-receive-pack -> /usr/bin/dul-receive-pack
/usr/share/dulwich/scripts/git-send-pack -> /usr/bin/dul-send-pack

And then set up the server in such a way that it adds
/usr/share/dulwich/scripts to the PATH.

Cheers,

Jelmer