Re: Getting Started

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 03:48:20PM -0500, Joshua Grant wrote:
> I'm interested in helping out with this project! I'm a big fan of git and
> python, and would definitely like to improve my skills in both.
>
> Are there any areas that I could help with as a beginner? I have run the
> test suite and found some failed and skipped tests. I could fix up those
> tests/fix the tested features.

Thanks, more help is always welcome. :-)

Depending on what you're interested in working on and what your skillset is,
here are some areas that need attention:

 * Further extension of the documentation, in particular background documentation
 * further enhancement / extension of the porcelain commands
 * Performance analysis and fixing of performance bugs (especially for 'dulwich rev-list')

The bug tracker has a number of open bugs, some of which should be reasonably
easy: https://bugs.launchpad.net/dulwich/+bugs

The porcelain commands are possibly the easiest thing to get started with.

Cheers,

Jelmer