Re: Python 3 compatibility

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> pathnames should be bytestrings, as Git itself also treats paths as
> merely bytestrings. It does not have a mandated encoding.
>
> This is the same as we already do for pure Python.

And what about URLs? I'm looking around the code base, starting from the
"skipIfPy3" marked tests, and many of them are in client/server area where
URLs are passed around (where an URL may be a local filesystem path).

What would be the right approach there?

Thank you,
ciao, lele.
lele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.