dulwich team mailing list archive

timezone formatting

Apparently there is some ambiguity in the way timezones can be
formatted, in a way that can not be represented using a simple offset
integer as we do in Commit.commit_timezone and Commit.author_timezone at
the moment.

The particular issue that I ran into was the iso-codes repository:

git://git.debian.org/iso-codes/iso-codes.git

Here UTC is represented as -0000, e.g. :

tree c0105a8db0ae1d9a7994bf8f81500853cf59eba8
author Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@xxxxxxxxxx> 1077476286 -0000
committer Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@xxxxxxxxxx> 1077476286 -0000

Initial revision

But if I attempt to create new revisions locally in UTC I end up with
+0000 as timezone.

I'm considering ways to allow the original string to be kept or
reproduced, but it seems hard to do this and maintain backwards
compatibility in a sensible manner. Ideas?

Cheers,

Jelmer