Re: Some Reorg of code.launchpad.net/duplicity

2009/9/7 Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Where to go?

I'm pretty happy with the state of duplicity these days.  par2 would be nice.

Deja Dup's pet bugs would be 388725 and 432092.  Deja Dup has issues
with its 'restore everything to /tmp and then move them out of there'
strategy if space is tight or depending on how the disk is
partitioned.  Those bugs would help avoid issues.

I also was talking with Rob Oakes of Time Drive fame and we were
talking about the ideal 'restore a missing file' UI.  And we figured a
really nice one would be a window/view that showed all the files in a
folder that are in the backup, but not present on disk.  i.e. a
missing-files view.  Now, how to implement this?

I could ask duplicity for all the files in that folder at each
timepoint (fixing bug 432104 would help optimize this), but that's
only per-timepoint, so involves lots of duplicity calls.  Which I
guess is reasonably fast if I have all the signatures I need locally
cached, eh?  Still, would a command like list-missing-files be useful?
 Or too specific?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/388725
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/432092
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/432104