[Question #107216]: Public key encryption and incremental backups

New question #107216 on Duplicity:

Hello,

Is it possible for Duplicity to do incremental backups encrypted to a public key without the passphrase?

I know how public key encryption works, but I am concerned that Duplicity will need to decrypt parts of the backup to determine what increments are needed. I wish to set up FTP backups to be unattended and automatic without storing a cleartext version of the key/passphrase, so public key encryption without a passphrase would be ideal (I would clearly need to enter a passphrase to restore, but this is fine).

Thanks,

Aaron