Re: [Question #116587]: Can the "verify" option be used to ensure the entire backup could restore without error?

Peter Schuller proposed the following answer:
> Regarding the cache: Isn't the archive cache brought up to date on every
> run?

Yes, but not in the sense implied by a verify. If the file set matches
(not sure whether sizes are checked), that's enough. Since the point
of the cache is to not download the data, clearly we cannot, in the
general case, confirm that the content matches.

So for that reason I view it as a problem that verify does not
penetrate said cache, rather than a problem with the cache.

--
/ Peter Schuller