[Question #130310]: AttributeError: RsyncBackend instance has no attribute 'subprocess_popen_persist'

New question #130310 on Duplicity:

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04/lucid 64 bit. When using duplicity, my command works fine. I'm having issues with large files, so I see the latest version corrects some off those issues.

I've tried using Micahel Terry's PPA and get the lucid version of duplicity.

Upon doing so, the command fails. See command and results below. I'm happy to help test.

Command:
duplicity / rsync://user-replaced:password-replaced@server-replaced::/backup-folder

Results:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1257, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1250, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1151, in main
    sync_archive()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 928, in sync_archive
    remlist = globals.backend.list()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/rsyncbackend.py", line 130, in list
    result, stdout = self.run_command(commandline)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/duplicity/backends/rsyncbackend.py", line 101, in run_command
    result, stdout, stderr = self.subprocess_popen_persist(commandline)
AttributeError: RsyncBackend instance has no attribute 'subprocess_popen_persist'