[Question #139342]: What exact default Encryption Algorithm (symmetric cipher) is used?

New question #139342 on Duplicity:

I have looked throughout the related Mailing-List [1] and Duplicity website and I cannot see any citation or reference to the exact default Encryption Algorithm (symmetric cipher) that is used for Duplicity. The website does link to:

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN185

but this 1999 document is just a general discussion about symmetric ciphers, it does not indicate which exact symmetric cipher Duplicity uses. I think it somewhat puzzling that this information is very hard to find and can't understand why?

I am using Deja Dup with Duplicity so reliant on it's default symmetric cipher setting, but it's website [3] also does not indicate which exact default Encryption Algorithm (symmetric cipher) is used.

Apologies if the answer is posted on the websites listed below, but I can't find the answer to something that needs prominence when Encryption is such a critical function.