Re: [Question #163116]: Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch when trying to verify/restore

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Rodrigo Alvarez <
question163116@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question #163116 on Duplicity changed:

> Rodrigo Alvarez is still having a problem:
> Thanks for the follow up edso, but my question is not answered.
>
> The question is what causes an "Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch" error
> and how do I fix it?
>
> Edso's hypothesis that the volumes are corrupted seems negated by the
> fact that GPG can successfully decrypt them and the resulting archives
> can be successfully untared.

The bottom line is that we DO NOT know the conditions under which this error
occurred.

That said, if you open the .manifest file for the backup and replace the bad
hash with the hash reported in the error message for this volume, it should
allow you to continue.  Be sure to not change the format of the file in any
way.

Be sure to make a backup of the .manifest file before doing this!

Let me know how it goes.

...Ken