Re: [Question #180135]: OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files

Rodrigo Alvarez confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks Edso, I increased the file limit and it successfully verified.

I do have a long backup chain.  To me this is the essence of incremental
backups.

This is another discussion but I've been spoiled by the TimeMachine that automatically prunes old backups.   It would be great if duplicity did something similar.  I would love the following functionality:
1. Start with a full backup.
2. Follow with daily backups.
3. At the end of the month, do a monthly backup. A backup that stores the diff from day one to day 30, so that I could then delete all the daily backups.
4. Three months down the line delete the old daily backups.

This way, we keep long-lasting chains with relatively short depth
without sacrificing daily backups.

I know I could do this in a script, but it'd be really good if duplicity
could handle this internally....

Thanks again,

+R