Re: [Question #182479]: No Signature found switching to full backup chronic issue.

Chris Stankaitis gave more information on the question:
I upgraded the client to 0.6.17 which is your current stable as far as
the https://launchpad.net/duplicity lists, due to corporate policy I
can't use dev releases in production.  the behaviour presists in the
current stable release.

I tried the work-around listed in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/829198

and it works, would you please help me to understand the difference with
the rsync (over ssh) backend vs the scp backend how are they different
and why would changing the backend solve this problem? other then the
obvious "there is a bug in the scp backend"

Is there any documentation I can reference to look at the differences
between all the backend options to determine if I am using the optimal
one?