[Question #185550]: Why is duplicity-full-signatures.*.sigtar.gpg so big?

New question #185550 on Duplicity:

I've noticed that I've got files with names of the form "duplicity-full-signatures.*.sigtar.gpg" that are huge: 1 or 2 GB. Contrast this with the other files which are 10MB each. Why are the sigtar files so much larger?

I'm using Rackspace and trying to do some management of my backups, but I'm having a terrible time since it's nearly impossible for me to successfully download a 2GB file without my Internet connection flaking out in the middle of the download. Couldn't those files be broken up into smaller chunks? And why do I need to download GBs worth of data just so I can run "duplicity remove-all-but-n-full"?