Re: [Question #189204]: some problems with OSX

Anton is still having a problem:
Hello,
First of all, thank you so much for this packages and for giving a very
useful and simple backup solution with duply.

As for the problem, attached I enclose:
The dump (-9), with private info and many unuseful lines removed
(replaced by a line of dots).
The exclude file that duply uses. The exclude file is my try to merge
Apple Time Machine own excludes (extracted from a config file) with my
own excludes in my previous debian system

In the dump you can see:
1.- That the program asks for the ssh password even when I can do ssh
username@server in same terminal and do login without password
2.- The files marked for deletion (all from /) in the last part after
comparing a file in /Users/...

Could be useful to note that:
About 615187 Files were compared (some correctly flagged with D or M)
before wrong part
There was one more file (mysqldump_projectname_20110221.sql.bz2) in the
last directory compared before the wrong part, and many other files were
not compared. It seems for me that the program ended the comparisons
before checking all files, and started again from root dir but without
filenames to compare (Comparing None) and so, marked all as deleted.

In the dump, in line 66 the signatures and manifest files were treated
as not part of known set, even when the difftar are detected as part of
known set. Signatures and manifest were uploaded fine at the end of the
full backup, and they were correctly stored in .cache directory.
signatures file have 8.2Gb

I was not able to do the initial full backup in only a session. Due to
its size (about 130Gb), I had to kill the process because of the memory
problems cited, lack of time to upload the full set during work time, or
connection issues. Three or four restarts were done for having the
initial full set in the server.

Also, I've applied the patch for avoiding memory problems. I was not
able to reproduce the problem in this last test, but tomorow will try a
more intensive task.

Thanks for your express support,
Anton