Re: [Question #193846]: These backup times seem very excessive

On 16.04.2012 21:30, Chris Stankaitis wrote:
> New question #193846 on Duplicity:
>
> I am backing up files from one RAID array to a 2nd (local disk)  I.E. from /dev/sdb to /dev/sdc  and I am seeing very excessive backup times.  This is causing me to be unable to run daily incremental backups.

> What if anything can I do to speed this up?
>
> The --asynchronous-upload flag as been marked as experimental for about as long as I have been using duplicity (3 years or so) is this still very risky? has the code been fixed and the docs not updated to reflect?  what are the risks to using this flag?
>
> Running on
>
> RHEL6 x86_64
> duplicity 0.6.17

please try 0.6.18 and see if the issue persists.

--asynchronous-upload wil probably stay marked experimental as long as
nobody comes forward reporting it works flawlessly.. i for one use it
since it's inception and never had issues. how about you?