Re: [Question #193846]: These backup times seem very excessive

Kai-Alexander Ude proposed the following answer:
Hey guys!

I have the same upload problem since a long time.
Each incremental backup has a size between 5 and 10 GB. Every single file has a size of 1GB.
Mainly the single files are created and transfered to the NAS (mountpoint) within 5 to 7 minutes.
But some files need more than an hour to be created and transfered.

Now an incremental backup is running for 12 hours.
One file of it needs more than 10 hours to be created, 16kb per second.
Server load is on 5.00 ...

Duplicity 0.6.08b-1 was installed on a Debian Squeeze machine with duply 1.5.2.3 as wrapper.
Two days ago I upgraded duplicity to 0.6.13 from debian-backports.

Would like to upgrade to 0.6.18 but how to do I via aptitude?
When I try to install from sid there are some problems with dependencies.