Re: [Question #193846]: These backup times seem very excessive

Kai-Alexander Ude proposed the following answer:
Swapping does not occur because of 24 GB ram.
It does not occur when server is really busy and it does not occur when backup is in progress.

I did not do a benchmark of the filesystem.
It only feels reliable fast :-) What benchmark logs do you like to see?

I only changed the volume size from 1GB to 250MB. But it does not the trick.
Later I will undo the changes and try another compression.

For now compression is default method. No additional parameter in the config.
Will change to --compress-algo=bzip2 and --bzip2-compress-level=9

Would you agree with the compress parameter or do you have another
suggestion?