Re: [Question #196423]: Initial backup failing at exactly 1021 MB.

On 08.05.2012 05:10, Scott wrote:

> Edit 3: Sorry about all the edits! Well trying it on a local drive
> (file:// protocol) seems to work fine. It's still going on a 30G backup
> after 2.8G. So I wonder if it's my hosting provider or something in the
> ssh/scp protocol? If it is the provider, why would it start working
> again right away when I restart the backup? The volume size is the
> default 25MB. Any ideas?

can be lot's of things.

first of all i would advise you not to blindly trust the resume
mechanism, verify afterwards. it still leads to broken backup chains
from time to time.

since 0.6.18 duplicity has a new ssh backend, so this might play in, but
i am not sure about that.

generally duplicity should retry the upload 5 times if it fails for some
reason. i cannot see the retries in your log output!

especially on unstable lines raising --num-retries, see
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
usually helps.