Re: [Question #183711]: Unable to resume backup due to gnupg issue.

Tobias Mieth proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I ran into that very same issue recently and found this thread via
google. However, from my point that duplicity patch isn't neccessarily
causing the gpg error. The reason why gpg complains is that it needs the
secret key to decrypt duplicity's volume 1.

Excerpt from that duplicity patch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/check-passphrase-on-restart/+merge/80007

+        This is because the local copy of the manifest is unencrypted and we
13	+        don't need to decrypt the existing volumes on the backend.  To ensure
14	+        that we are using the same passphrase, we manually download volume 1
15	+        and decrypt it with the current passphrase.

So, if you didn't supply your private key's passphrase gpg/duplicity
will be unable to decrypt volume 1 and thus it fail. After I had
exported PASSPHRASE in my shell script duplicity went back to normal and
the gpg error disappered.

Cheers Tobias